At Allianz Legal Protection we aim to provide a fair and efficient claims service
These guidelines will help us make sure your payment requests are processed as quickly as possible.
- All cases will require appropriate documentation in support of the amount claimed. For most disbursements this will mean a copy of the relevant invoice.
- If an invoice is not available, for example, in the case of court fees, a copy of your ledger will do.
- If you are claiming summarily assessed opponents costs we will require a copy of the court order and a copy of Counsel’s note from the hearing.
- Where the claim has been abandoned you will need to provide a brief explanation to why it has no reasonable prospects of success.
In order to deal with payment requests we need:
- Confirmation of the amounts claimed.
- Documentation in support of those payment requests.
- A brief explanation of the circumstances giving rise to the claim.
If the policy is administered via ATE Link
- Submit your claims via the payment requests tab.
- Enter each disbursement separately. For example, if you have three sets of medical records at £50 each do not enter these as a single payment request for £150.
- Make sure that the correct payment type is selected for each request.
- Once you have entered your payment request use the messaging facility to provide a brief explanation to the circumstances leading to the claim.
- Use the file upload facility to attach supporting documentation.
If the policy is not administered via ATE Link
Contact ATEClaims@allianz.co.uk stating the amount claimed with the supporting documents attached. You will also need to explain how the claim has arisen.
If the above requirements are completed we aim to process all claims within 5 working days of receipt. This means that we will either authorise your payment request or let you know why we are unable to do so. Authorised payments will then be paid on the next available payment run.
Opponents costs to be assessed
If you need to claim opponents costs that have not been summarily assessed make sure that we are notified as quickly as possible.
Please do not negotiate costs without our authority. If possible provide a copy of the Defendant’s without prejudice costs schedule.